Push content directly into home and syllabus sections

Jump to solution
ranjith_valliye
Community Member

Hi Team,

I am importing course into canvas which is getting added into modules sections and which is working fine. But what i want is when i import a course in a canvas then a content specific for home section and a content specific for syllabus section should get added to the respective sections automatically. which is not happening currently. How can i do that or i have to create a content for these sections manually?

0 Likes
1 Solution
NicoletteStaley
Instructure
Instructure

@ranjith_valliye Canvas will automatically import content to the syllabus and homepage of a course if you are using the native Syllabus and Home page functionality.  If for some reason the content isn't importing, I suspect that the content is utilizing some sort of LTI or other external tool.  Typically an LTI or external tool will need to installed (and possibly the target links adjusted) at either the instance and/or course level before the content will work correctly after the import.

When an import is completed in a course though, Canvas will notify the user about any possible issues (like incorrectly configured LTIs) on the Content Migrations page of the course.  These error messages might help you determine what is causing the issues with your home and syllabus sections importing to the course.

View solution in original post