Quality of video

Jump to solution
ahmad_abareshi
Community Member

Hi there,

I uploaded a HQ video (380MB in size) on Canvas. After processing, the size reduced to 80MB with poor quality. Is there any way that I can upload the original file without processing. Or keep the original quality of the video after processing?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @ahmad_abareshi 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with video quality. Your video is on the larger side, but within the limits as 500MB is where the size caps for video uploads. However, where are you uploading this? To an assignment, or discussion? You could first try uploading it to your user files by clicking the account tab in the top left and going to files. Once it is uploaded here, you can put it virtually anywhere in Canvas. If it is still giving you issues, you may want to try actually compressing the file before you upload it. The quality should not be affected this way, but it may depend  on the type of file .mov, mp4, etc. 

If you're still  having issues with the quality  after all of this, you can try uploading it elsewhere (youtube, google drive, etc) and pasting the URL link or contacting Canvas support directly.

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767  

View solution in original post