cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryan_baker
Community Member

Question Types for Quizzes/Surveys

I would like to know if it's possible to do the following:

1) I'd like to offer a survey type question where ANY answer chosen from a drop down menu/drag and drop/word bank is 100% correct (full participation credit) instead of an "all or nothing" that is currently available. This is for a self-directed online course, therefore no manual grading.

2) The current multiple answer question type only gives credit for choosing 100% of the options correct. What about partial credit? If there are 3 correct answers and the student gets 1 of the 3 correct, then they should received 33% of the points for that question.

These are both things that Moodle (free) does very well.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nwilson7
Community Champion

Hello Bryan:

1: I am not sure you can blend survey and real questions within the same quiz but you can select and "Graded Survey" as the quiz type and this will allow students to select whatever answer they want and that be "correct" and still give them points.

2:  That is how Canvas works or at least that is how it has always functioned for me.  If I have a multiple answer question, students have always received partial points.  So if they chose 3 out of 4 of the correct answers then they got 3/4 of the points as well.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, bryan.baker...

I am reviewing some of the older questions here in the Community, and I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on September 19, 2019.  I see that  @nwilson7  replied to you later that afternoon.  Have you have a chance to review Nick's feedback?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help with this question?  If you feel that Nick's response has helped to answer your question, please feel free to click on the "Mark Correct" button next to his reply.  However, if you're still looking for some help, please let us know that as well by posting a note below.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" (How we keep your questions flowing!‌) because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for almost six months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below related to this topic.  I hope this is okay with you, Bryan.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.