cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgraham7
Community Member

Quiz Question Bank Clean-up and Quizzes

I did a search for all "Question bank" related questions and could not find my this question, so it may be that I'm missing something fundamental. 

I am in the process of cleaning up question banks in my courses. Due to the need to import from other courses in order to copy quizzes and other assignments, I have a jumble of duplicate questions in my banks. 

What I need some clarification on is, if I delete all duplicate instances of a question, meaning I'm left with just one copy of that question, will deleting those duplicate instances affect its showing up on a quiz? If so, is there a way to determine which instance of the question is in use? 

Thank you for the help. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Ok, so this should only affect quizzes if you have linked to a question bank.  If you used the Find button in your quiz to bring in questions from a bank, those are unique copies of questions in the quiz and if you delete the question from a bank, or even delete the entire question bank it won't affect the quizzes.

If in the quiz you linked to a question bank from a question group, It should tell you with question bank you linked to when viewing the question group like shown below where 1 question is being pulled form EDT 201 Question Bank 2.  If you remove that question bank it's gonna mess up that quiz.

Modify Question Group

Here is a little more information about how that works https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12954-415298626 

Rick