Quizzes - Essay

Jump to solution
ChristineSulva
Community Member

I have my Essay created through Quiz, but I need to know once students complete, once I grade, will the students receive it back?

This assignment is formative at the start of the school year, it does not go on report cards.  It is also just for my SGO (NJ thing).  We've used Google forms to avoid this question in the past, but now that we are on Year 3 of Canvas, I really want to switch these assessments over.

I usually use Google LTI for essays, and I know with that the kids would have a copy of their work (what I'm trying to avoid).

Any help is appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@ChristineSulva -

If what you gave was a canvas quiz with an essay question, then yes the students have that essay in their view of the quiz.

I am not 100% sure of what you are wanting.  You made the comment about in google forms that the students get the essay back  and then in parentheses - what I am trying to avoid.

Can you provide a little more clarification?

In general, any assignment a student submits (whatever the method), they are going to have access to what they submitted.  

If you want to keep students from seeing their canvas quiz submission then set up grading for manual for that quiz and then hide any grades that may be posted.  Just never post the grades and they will never see the quiz(answers or submissions).

You can make an assignment manuall posting by clicking on the ellipses next to the assignment in the grade book and selecting grade posting policy.  On the gear on the gradebook view, you can set that for the entire course if you want.

You can find that information in the instructors guide in the grades area

View solution in original post