RCE Edit Window Size Limit- Normal vs HTML

williare2
Community Participant

When I edit a page, the Edit window is at first very small.  There is a drag button on the lower right- I pull it down as far as it will go- maybe 4 inches on my screen, regardless of whether my browser is maximized.  After that it switches from dragging open the window to scrolling through my page that I am editing within that limited window.  That is a limitation I don't like, but would take it as the way it is except I found a weird work around for it that seems to be a bug to me:

Going to HTML, the edit window resizes, but not to match the size of the HTML...it resizes to fit the size of the normal view webpage.  So if you want to automatically resize to the page you are trying to edit in normal view, you click over to HTML and back.  That seems like it must be possible for Canvas to size appropriately, and yet it doesnt at first, so i have some unnecessary steps to get it beyond the limit of the small edit window.

And a follow on negative effect of the resize going to HTML...if I want to edit the HTML, now the window is resized for the normal view- with large images involved that means the HTML text is followed by a large whitespace that I have to scroll through to get to the buttons to save or switch back to normal view.

Am I misunderstanding how to work that better?  BTW I am on a 3-year-old MAC using Chrome

NOTE:  I am designing the template for my school and I created a 7-min video logging several issues I was seeing that seemed to hamper me to some extent.  Understandably, I dont see a way to send that as a file to the dev team...guess that would be tough for them to handle.  Let me try to ask the questions here (after searching for like concerns). 

Labels (1)
0 Likes