cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jack_carico
Community Participant

(REST API) Is there any way to bulk export Login resources for all users?

Jump to solution

We need a mechanism to download all of our User's Login resource records for use in account provisioning automation. The current REST API seems to only offer the ability to get the Login records for a single user at a time. With thousands of users this is not workable. 

Any solution needs to be able to work as part of an unattended background IT process. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Community Champion

@jack_carico 

Does the Provisioning Report (Admin > Settings > Reports > Provisioning Report) have the information that you need? If so, you can use the Account Reports API to generate the report, check it's progress, and then get the download URL.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
James
Community Champion

@jack_carico 

Does the Provisioning Report (Admin > Settings > Reports > Provisioning Report) have the information that you need? If so, you can use the Account Reports API to generate the report, check it's progress, and then get the download URL.

View solution in original post

jack_carico
Community Participant

Thank you, I think that report may work for us. Do you know if there will be multiple records for a given user if they have multiple Logins with different authentication_provider_ids? It looks like currently we only have a default authentication provider for all of our users. I should be able to test this myself though. 

Hi  @jack_carico ,

Did you get a chance to re-test this and did James' reply get you on the right track?

Please let us know!
Stuart

jack_carico
Community Participant

I have been able add Logins to an existing user using the REST API and download the Users provisioning report, also via the API. I can confirm that there are multiple records in the provisioning report for each Login. It looks like the Login:unique_id shows up in the report as login_id. 

I was also able to confirm that the addional Login allowed access to Canvas via the Azure AD SAML integration without any additional configuration. 

Thanks so much that is great to hear!