[ARCHIVED] Randomizing the Order of Questions

Jump to solution
shors
Community Novice

I am teaching a large class of 160 students.  Cheating is rampant because I cannot figure out how to get Canvas to shuffle the order of questions for each exam.   I can shuffle answers but not questions.

I don't have time to create 4 different forms and randomly assign them to 160 students.  There has to be a way to do this.  There are 100 questions. This is a final exam. It is multiple choice.   I thought the feature called group questions would do it but it does nothing to the order.  I do NOT want to physically change the order of questions for 160 students. Arrrrrgh.

Labels (2)
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @shors  

In Classic Quizzes, you can use a Question Group to randomly select questions from a question bank, and depending on the size of the question bank your students will be presented with a different set of questions. How do I create a quiz with a question group to randomize quiz questions?  

In New Quizzes, this guide will get you there How do I add all items or a random set from an item bank to an assessment in New Quizzes?  

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes