Redirect Tool Privacy Settings

Jump to solution
udelhsar
Community Contributor

When looking at the Edit App settings for a Redirect Tool,  what do the various privacy options allow/disallow? 

298554_pastedImage_2.png

Thanks Everyone!

Sara Udelhofen 

No one else has this question
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Sara,

With regards to the Redirect tool, I don't believe that the privacy setting has any affect.  Those settings are for any LTI and with some they will send information to and from Canvas.  Below is a list of what the four options allow to be sent.  

1. Anonymous: No identifying information about the user will be sent to the vendor
  2. Email Only: The user's email is the only identifying information sent to the vendor.
  3. Name Only: The user's name is the only identifying information sent to the vendor.
  4. Public: Various identifying information (name, email, Canvas ID, SIS ID of the course, SIS ID of the user, etc.) is sent to the vendor.

If you add the Redirect tool by default it is set to Anonymous, meaning that no identifiable information is being sent.  I suppose if you select one of the other options it could be sending data, but I really don't think with the Redirect tool it would since it simply links to another web site.

Rick

View solution in original post