Remaining Logged In

Jump to solution
damini7986
Community Novice

How long before Canvas auto times out? In other words, how long does Canvas stay logged in before signing you out?

The amount of time wasted attempting login constantly is killing me. I do a lot of things and I come and go. I would like the site to remember me and keep me logged in.

Any assistant with this would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

– Daniel

2 Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Champion

@damini7986 ,

Welcome to the Canvas Community!!!

I stay logged into Canvas the entire time I am in my office.  The timeout could be coming from your school's login portal.  Are you logging in through a school page or directly through (institution).instructure.com?

Robbie

View solution in original post

Hello  @damini7986 ...

That would be a question for your school's Canvas administrator or someone at your school's Online Learning/eLearning department.  My guess is, though, that they want you to log in to Canvas a specific way.  It's possible that your school uses some kind of single sign-on (SSO) authentication method to get you signed in to Canvas, and they would not want you to circumvent or go around those procedures just to log in to Canvas due to security.  But again, that would be a question to ask someone at your school.

View solution in original post

0 Likes