Removed students from parent/observer and now can't add any to my account

Jump to solution
SandraKrauss
Community Novice

Some of my childs canvas courses were not showing up. According to their school, I was told to remove them and add them back.  I removed all my students and went to re-add them and now i Have no option to add students at all to my canvas observer account as a parent. Its as if I am no longer connected to their school canvas accounts.  I really do not want to start a whole new account, what can I do to fix this?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Krajcik
Community Member

You're correct. This is not something that can be done by the user. The account administrator can do this for you! You could call the school/district for help, or you could submit a ticket with the request.

mywakehealth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
NicoletteStaley
Instructure
Instructure

@SandraKrauss Depending on the settings enabled by the school/district your children attend, @Krajcik may be correct that you need to contact the administration at the school/district to get your account linked to your students again.  It may be possible for you to link to them again as well (depending on the account settings), and if you do have the permissions to add user's to your account, you can follow the process in this Canvas guide to do so: How do I link a student to my user account as an observer? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes