Resubmitting

Jump to solution
annespinoza
Community Participant

I have students turn in 5 different files for my projects. (3 jpg's and 2 pdf's). They always mess it up. So often they are missing one or two of the required files. When they go to the re-submit button to add the missing file(s) it deletes the others. Is there any way to make it NOT do that. Just add to the files already there, but not delete the old ones. It's taking a lot of time to contact each student and tell them that the other files are gone now and they have to reupload everything!

Thanks 

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

The resubmissions shouldn't delete the previous ones. For you as an instructor, there's an extra dropdown in Speedgrader. Scroll down in the lesson linked here until you see "Evaluate Multiple Submissions". Does this help?

How do I view the details of a submission for a student in SpeedGrader? 

For students, however, it will look like the originals are replaced unless they look at Canvas Student on a mobile device. (It's one of those neat things that the mobile app supports that isn't available on the web right now.)

Do your students have access to Google Drive? Could they place those in a folder with the current date and then submit the URL to the folder as their submission? I know that's a new process for the students, but then they could double-check that all of their required information is included and/or make adjustments when needed.

View solution in original post