[ARCHIVED] [ARCHIVED] Roll Report

Jump to solution
mlynch3
Community Novice

How can I get the roll report to do a list of the students and their attendance? Right now I get a long list of every student and every class period but it is not easy to read. I need:

Student name - attendance on each date roll taken.

Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @mlynch3  Welcome  to the Canvas Community.  I prefer not to self-promote something I did in the Community, but it's because of faculty like you who get frustrated by that enrollment report that I created a couple of documents in this Community that are still viable.  It started out as a project for my own faculty and I just adopted it for a larger audience.  If you want to learn how to do things yourself using Excel, head here:  Using the Roll Call Report: A Guide for People Who Do Not Use Excel .  An easier, "copy and paste" solution, however, is posted here:  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12524-easy-to-use-google-sheet-for-interpreting-your-roll-c... .  As its name indicates, it uses Google Sheets rather than Excel (so you have to have a free Gmail/Docs accounts), and you just the follow the instructions posted and then copy-and-paste it into a saved copy of a master file that I give you.  (You have to save the master file to your own Google Drive.)  

I hope these help, Molly!

View solution in original post

0 Likes