cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harry3
Community Member

Sandbox environment for developers

Hello all,

We are a new startup company (i.e. not an education institution) and are exploring some ideas for an LTI app that's deep integrated with Canvas. We have been using the open-source version of Canvas to test our ideas but we've just realized that a few features that we need are only available in the cloud-hosted version of Canvas (for example: New Analytics).

What would be the best option for us to have access to those features? I learned that paying for a sandboxed Canvas instance is one way. But I would like to explore some other more cost-effective options.

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Labels (1)
3 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Harry3 

I know of no other way than to get a Canvas Admin sandbox; however, if your start-up is into outreach I can tell you what we did for a startup at our school.

We contractually partnered with a startup that needed similar account-level access, created a role for them with permissions limited to just what they needed, cooperated as much as necessary, and watched them like a hawk. In return, we got their app for free.

Good luck,

Kelley

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

@Harry3 

One more thing, direct message me if you want more details.

Kelley

Harry3
Community Member

@kmeeusen :Thanks for the response and the offer! We will explore the options we have and will definitely consider that. Cheers!