cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sszabo
Community Participant

Score of my quiz

Jump to solution

After submitting a quiz in Grades in Assignments tab I see my Score is 4 Out of 20.
In the Learning Mastery tab I see my score is 0.67,   0.67/20.

The first one is the correct. What is 0.67?

Thanks,
Sandor

UPDATE:  I tried a lot of possibilities, and the key to the solutions is to set 
in Question Banks-> Quiz-> Aligned Outcomes the correct value of 
Mastery at xx% .

g

g

g

g

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sszabo
Community Participant

The possible solution of the problem is 
correctly setting the value of Mastery 
in Question Banks-> Quiz-> Aligned Outcomes.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @sszabo …

Since your question is related to grading and the vast majority of members here in the Canvas Community do not have access to your school’s Canvas environment or your course(s) in question, I think this question would best be addressed with your instructor.  Your instructor has probably set up some Learning Mastery settings for this course, and he/she can probably give you additional details on what this is and what that score means compared to your quiz score.  You can contact your instructor by following the instructions in this Guide:

How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Good luck with your coursework and conversation with your instructor!

sszabo
Community Participant

Hi @chofer ,

Here are some screenshots.  It was checked in the Test Outcome "Use this criterion for scoring".

Thanks for your help.

Sandor

screenshot-canvas.instructure.com Test Outcome.png

screenshot-canvas.instructure.com Assignment Rubric Details.pngscreenshot-canvas.instructure.com Teszt Rubric.pngscreenshot-canvas.instructure.com ZH teszt kvíz bank.pngscreenshot-canvas.instructure.com Test Assignment 2 Quiz.pngscreenshot-canvas.instructure.com Test Assignment 2.png

A00301621
Community Participant

If there were questions included on the quiz that were not part of the question bank that was tied to the outcome a student could get a score on the outcome that doesn't match up with the score for the quiz.

sszabo
Community Participant

Thanks. In my original question I had made an update
where I described the possible solution.
At least, after making that it works well.

Tags (1)
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @sszabo ...

Thanks for updating your original question to also include a solution that you found.  Another way you can provide the solution is to reply to your original question with the solution.  That way, it can be marked as a "Solution" so that a green outline is shown around it...and then a copy of that reply is placed directly underneath your original question...so that people can easily find it.

You can read more about this by clicking on your avatar image at the top right corner of any page here in the Community and then selecting "Community FAQ".  Once you get to that page, click on "Accepted Solutions".

Hope this helps a bit!

sszabo
Community Participant

The possible solution of the problem is 
correctly setting the value of Mastery 
in Question Banks-> Quiz-> Aligned Outcomes.