Speedgrader Sort Assignment by Date Not Working (Instructor)

Jump to solution
Smurphy002
Community Member

Has anyone experienced this? In speedgrader, I am selecting Options and then Sort by the date the student submitted the assignment. Once I've sorted, I am routed into the first ungraded assignment in alphabetical order--NOT the oldest. If I click on the dropdown list, I see assignments above and below the student (their last name starts with A). In order to view the actual oldest assignment submitted, I must scroll to the top of the list to find the first ungraded assignment. Once I click on that, I can use the right arrow to navigate to the next oldest.

I would like to be routed into the oldest assignment and then use the right arrow to navigate to the next assignment in date order. 

Does anyone know how to do this consistently? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@Smurphy002 -

Not sure this will help any, but my experience with changing the gradebook settings is that once I make my change, I exit out of speedgrader and go back into it and it works as it should.  I will say though that I am always using the setting for not graded yet.  I have not used the submission date option.  

On a side note, you may want to look at the QuizWiz javascript that James wrote.  You can use it however you want, but one really nice feature is the addition of a button to save the grades/comments and advance to the next student .  Here is the quizwiz page with all the instructionsHere is the quizwiz download and install instruction page.   I use the rubric version and it will be a sad day if it ever stops working.

View solution in original post