Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joannal_lau
Community Participant

Student View : Self-signup locked

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I am having issues with Group Sets and Groups. When I create a Group Set with self-sign up groups, and look at it through the Student View, the group has a lock on it as opposed to a "JOIN" link. 

I cannot seem to "unlock" this for the students. Am I missing something or do I need to publish something?

Many thanks! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tdelillo
Community Champion

This seems to be a limitation of the student view (of which there are several). You will not be able to test this functionality while in Student View. If you are interested, there is a feature idea that addresses some of the limitations: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6082-real-student-view  - it says it's on the "Product Radar" which at least means it's being seriously considered.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tdelillo
Community Champion

This seems to be a limitation of the student view (of which there are several). You will not be able to test this functionality while in Student View. If you are interested, there is a feature idea that addresses some of the limitations: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6082-real-student-view  - it says it's on the "Product Radar" which at least means it's being seriously considered.

View solution in original post

So...does that mean students can actually sign up but we just can't see it in "Student View"?

cwoodwar1
Community Participant

I assume it does, but it would have been nice to mention that.  Any chance of this being fixed?

dvoorhees
Community Member

I was wondering if the locked icon is truly incorrect in the student view of self-selecting groups?  I am using groups in Canvas for the first time, and would like to try to minimize any logistical issues.  Thanks

Dave Voorhees

james_olsen
Community Member

Can anyone clarify. CAN the students in fact still join, even though I can't see it in student view?