Student can't find class on Canvas

Jump to solution
beirne_courtney
Community Novice

Hi! I'm starting a summer class on Monday and a registered student stated she is unable to see my class on Canvas. My class is published so I'm unsure how to guide her. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Hi Courtney,

Are you sure the student has been added to your course in Canvas?  Try going to People and seeing if the student is listed there.

You also might check the start/end dates for the course under settings.  If the start date of the course or the term (which you probably can't see because an admin sets it) is not until Monday, and if the box is checked to restrict students from accessing the course before the start date; that also could be preventing your students from seeing and accessing the course.  You might be able to override or adjust those dates if you want them to get access now.

You can also suggest that the student click on the Courses global navigation on the left side of Canvas and then All Courses  Even with some of those restrictions above I think the student would at least see it listed under All Courses, Future Enrollments. 

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes