Student video submissions

jmerriam
Community Contributor

I teach public speaking (now online), and will have students submit videos of their speeches. With Canvas' limit of 500MB, I think I'll have to use an external tool like YouTube, since a 6-minute speech will be more than 500MB. (Right??)

Does anyone know of a step-by-step guide for them on how to upload their videos to YouTube, then embed that onto a Canvas assignment? I know saw some discussions of this a few days ago, but of course now can’t find anything on Canvas, Canvas Community, Google, or anywhere else.

Also--and this is a bit complicated—I want to have other students in the class do an evaluation of their fellow students’ videos, and then have both me and the speaker be able to look at those comments. (I’ve created a .pdf form for student comments.) However…I’d like each speech to be evaluated by small groups of other students (maybe 4 or 5) rather than have the whole class evaluate everyone else’s speech. (In other words, Jane Doe would get comments from 5 students, Bill Doe would get comments from 5 different students, and so on until everyone’s been evaluated by 5 students.)  I can’t for the life of me figure out how to accomplish this on Canvas!