Students Didn't Finish Quiz (w/o time limit, with available to and from times)

Jump to solution
Reaganmiller
Community Novice

My students were taking a quiz today without a time limit but with the availability set from the beginning of the period (2:30) to the end of the period (3:35) with an access code as well. Some students did not finish and closed out the tab they were in. It appears that the quizzes autosubmitted. Is there any way to repoen the quiz for them on Monday?

0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Reagan,

Quizzes don't autosubmit when the browser or tab is closed, but they do autosubmit when the end of the availability period is reached.

You cannot re-open a quiz attempt once it has been submitted.  All you can do is give those students an additional attempt.  There's an article about doing that at https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/Once-I-publish-a-quiz-how-can-I-give-my-students... 

Note, however:

• Quiz availability dates still apply when moderating a quiz. If the Until date passes before a student completes their extra attempt(s), any in-progress quizzes auto-submit and the quiz closes, even if the student's attempt has not expired.

So, if the availability end date has been reached, you will need too use the "Moderate Quiz" method in the article, and be sure the check the "Manually unlock the quiz for the next attempt" option.

View solution in original post