Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djohnson379

Submitted assignment is missing

Jump to solution

I submitted an assignment through the assignments module in my Business 20 class. After I submitted my assignment I realized I needed to provide my links and sites used for the assignment. Now the only thing the teach and I can see is the second submission which is only my sites and not my written project. 

HELP! How can I find my original assignment, since I did not save into a WORD document. I simply wrote my paper from my notes right in the CANVAS portal. Did the second submission override or delete my original work?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @djohnson379  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  When you re-submit an assignment to your instructor, students are not able to see previous submissions of that assignment.  However, an instructor always has the ability to view the most current submission and any past submissions a student has made to a given assignment.  This is all covered in Can a student resubmit Canvas assignments?.  So, be assured that even though you cannot access your first submission to the assignment, your instructor has more-than-likely received the submission on his/her end.

And, as a side note, be sure that you are using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser of choice when navigating around the Canvas environment.  You will have a better browsing experience with either Chrome or Firefox compared to Internet Explorer and Edge.  This is especially true when it comes time to submit assignments to your instructor.  Some things don't work as well (such as assignment submissions) using IE or Edge, so Chrome or Firefox is recommended.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @djohnson379  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  When you re-submit an assignment to your instructor, students are not able to see previous submissions of that assignment.  However, an instructor always has the ability to view the most current submission and any past submissions a student has made to a given assignment.  This is all covered in Can a student resubmit Canvas assignments?.  So, be assured that even though you cannot access your first submission to the assignment, your instructor has more-than-likely received the submission on his/her end.

And, as a side note, be sure that you are using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser of choice when navigating around the Canvas environment.  You will have a better browsing experience with either Chrome or Firefox compared to Internet Explorer and Edge.  This is especially true when it comes time to submit assignments to your instructor.  Some things don't work as well (such as assignment submissions) using IE or Edge, so Chrome or Firefox is recommended.

I submitted my last assignment as a text entry for summary 4. I know I did because I worked all afternoon on this paper. The teacher says that it was not submitted. How can I find the history of my assignment and show that I did the work.

Good morning, @Keziaisstrong ...

The answer to your question will depend on whether or not your school has enabled something called "Assignment Enhancements" inside your school's Canvas courses.  This is a relatively new feature in Canvas that not all schools have chosen to enable yet.  So, it is possible that your school, like mine, has not yet enabled "Assignment Enhancements".  This would be a question that you'd need to talk with your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department about...as we here in the Canvas Community would not have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course(s).  If "Assignment Enhancements" is not turned on, then you would have to refer to this Guide...which only allows you, as the student, to see the most recent submission for your assignment: How do I know when my assignment has been submitted? - Instructure Community.  However, if your school has enabled "Assignment Enhancements", then you can follow the information in this Guide: How do I know when my assignment has been submitted in a course using Assignment Enhancements? - Ins....  As you can see from both of these Guides, the interface is slightly different between current assignments and "Assignment Enhancements"...so you should be able to tell whether or not your school has enabled "Assignment Enhancements" or not.

Your instructor always has access to all submissions for a given assignment.  They are time/date stamped, and your instructor can look through your current and past submission using this Guide: How do I view the details of a submission for a student in SpeedGrader? - Instructure Community (look at the section called "Evaluate Multiple Submissions).

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!