Text To Speech

Jump to solution
PatriciaForero
Community Novice

How do we add the ReadSpeaker button on our Canvas accounts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @PatriciaForero ...

Full disclosure...I have never used ReadSpeaker, so I do not know the full capabilities of what it is or does.  However, I do see that it is listed as a LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability) that can be integrated into Canvas.  The page on the EduAppCenter is located at:

Edu App Center: ReadSpeaker

On this info page, there is a link that takes you to: Canvas Accessibility with text-to-speech - ReadSpeaker.

I'm not sure if there is an additional cost to this third-party product (assuming there is?), but I would encourage you to have a conversation with your school's Canvas administrator(s) to see if purchasing this software would be possible.  Many LTIs are installed at the Canvas account level so that they can be available for all courses at your school, but there are some LTIs that can be installed at the course level...which means that it would only be available course by course...and not for everyone at your school who also uses Canvas.  You'd have to do some additional research and ask questions to the ReadSpeaker staff to see what options are available.

Hopefully this will be enough information to get you started.  Thanks...

View solution in original post

0 Likes