To confetti or not to confetti? 🎊🎉

Jump to solution
KarlijnvanA
Community Participant

Hello there fellow Canvas people!

At this moment you get a shower of confetti when you hand in an assignment on time. On LinkedIn I saw a post with updates that are on the way where you will always get confetti for just handing in an assignment.

I personally love the confetti, but I also know of some students who are somewhere on the autism spectrum, that (to say it mildly) ar not fond of the confetti.

For these students it would be great if there could be an addition to the account settings: something along the lines of 'to confetti of not to confetti', where users can turn it off if it doesn't do for them what it intends to do. Which is motivate them. If all it does is add stress, they will be less likely to hand in assignments all together, which would be a shame. 

I hope we will come together as a community so we can ask Instructure to add this option within the account preferences.

#stayCanvas🐼

Labels (1)
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @KarlijnvanA -

Each user can enable or disable confetti! 🎊

Look for celebrations in the settings! I hope this helps you as you coach students to adjust their Canvas preferences and notifications the way they need.

How do I manage confetti animations in Canvas as a student? 

View solution in original post