Tracking Usage of Proctorio

Jump to solution
kari
Community Contributor

Hello Canvas Admins, 

We have deployed Proctorio globally in our environment. I was asked to pull data of Proctorio usage.  Has anyone conquered this task of gathering data of what courses have used Proctorio within a given semester?

Thank you!

Kari

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
nwilson7
Community Champion

@kari Unfortunately this all has to be done via API and looking for external tool usage.  There is not a report that can be run on the Canvas side to see who is using it unless you make each instructor manually add it to their course (meaning go through the full LTI setup).  Proctorio unfortunately does not collect or have access to this informant as a result of their user security and trying to remain a "zero knowledge company". 

I was asked this same question and am now currently working on setting up all the API calls to look at external tools/LTIs that we use and pull that information into a clean view that people can easily read.

-Nick

View solution in original post

@nathanphillips I know there are others in the community that know the API call for this and there is software out there that uses that endpoint to give you data on LTI usage.  I started investigating the endpoints and then Proctorio changed their service terms that say everyone has to go through a training BEFORE having access to the tool.  For us to comply, we now add it manually once we have confirmed they have done the training.  Because of this, we now know which classes are using it.

Again, I know others know the endpoints.

- Nick

View solution in original post