cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VedicSharma
Community Participant

Trying to see my Canvas page view history

Jump to solution

Hello, I am a student using Canvas. I was wanting to find my page view history via the API for a certain period of time. What I did was 1) make a token with my account and then 2) input the command https://<myschool>.com/api/v1/users/<userID>/page_views onto the browser search tab. However, when I do this, I got this error:

{"status":"unauthorized","errors":[{"message":"user not authorized to perform that action"}]}

However, I am only searching for my page views, so I am confused as to why i am getting access denied, and how I can see my views. Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chadscott
Community Contributor

Howdy,

EDIT: It is a permissions issue. Students do not have access to pageviews. To get this, you will need to contact your institutions Canvas admin team or by submitting a Canvas help ticket.

Cheers,
Chad Scott
Katy ISD

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chadscott
Community Contributor

Howdy,

EDIT: It is a permissions issue. Students do not have access to pageviews. To get this, you will need to contact your institutions Canvas admin team or by submitting a Canvas help ticket.

Cheers,
Chad Scott
Katy ISD

View solution in original post

VedicSharma
Community Participant

Thank you for your response. How would I submit a Canvas help ticket, and would I need permission to get my pageviews? Thank you.

@VedicSharma ...

As @chadscott mentioned, you would probably need to speak to your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department about permissions for students within Canvas.  They may have permissions configured for all students such that they do not want you or other students accessing certain parts of Canvas.  That would be a conversation you'd need to have with people at your school.

For the Canvas Help Desk, you can follow the instructions in this Guide to contact them: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

Hope this helps a bit.