Turn OFF notifications for students on quizzes

Jump to solution
marusikm
Community Member

I am a teacher (and admin but this is for the teacher role) creating a course with quizzes, where do I turn OFF the notifications for students? I don't want the student to have to do anything as this is professional ed and so the students vary in knowledge - what can I do so that students don't get notifications? MUCH appreciate any help! 

0 Likes
2 Solutions

@marusikm That is very helpful.  I would set the quiz to a manual grading policy which means that the quiz would have to be released for them to get the grade notification (and you can just never release it to them).  This is how we handle these same situations.

Here is how to switch an individual item to a manual posting policy:

How do I select a grade posting policy for an assi... - Instructure Community  

Hope this helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post

@marusikm unfortunately this would not let them see the correct answer as everything is muted.  I am not sure then that there is a great answer for what you need.  Students can go into the course and turn off the "Grading" notifications (Open the course, on the right side menu, there is a "View Course Notifications" and you can then manage just the notifications for that course.  The one in question is the "Grading" one) but this would be ALL grades for that course, so if there are ones you want them to receive or that they would want to receive, those would also be off.  

-Nick

View solution in original post