Un-do grade change for some, but not all, of class?

Jump to solution
hasti
Community Champion

So, one of my TAs messed up and accidentally gave everyone in the class (500 students) a participation score instead of just his section. Since I didn't save the gradebook immediately before he did this, am I correct in understanding that there is no way to fix this?

I understand that I can view the entire Gradebook history, but given that there are 12 TAs, 32 discussion sections, and 500 students, that's a lot to dig through (even if I use filters). I don't suppose there is any way to download the Gradebook history, say, into a csv file or something? Even browsing requires time for Canvas to fetch more info (about 10 or 15 changes at a time, which for a class of 500....).

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @hasti ‌ - Oh...yikes!  Ultimately, you may very well have to go to Canvas Support to try to fix this (Help>>Report a Problem).  Before doing that, though, have you had a look at either your Test server or the Beta server?  The latter is refreshed every weekend (so is more current), the former with each update.  So this will be down to timing as to when this happened.  If it was before the previous weekend, you may be lucky and find things on Beta.  If this just happened since..well, Sunday.....then I'm afraid your only recourse may be to check with Canvas Support for this.

View solution in original post