Unable to set profile pic

Jump to solution
SharonCoetzer
Community Member

Hi there

There seems to be nowhere to click on my profile pic placeholder to enable me to upload my profile pic. Am I missing something?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @SharonCoetzer ...

Happy New Year!  The answer to your question is: not necessarily.  Some schools do not allow students/instructors to upload their own profile picture to Canvas.  Some schools have official school photos that are brought directly in from the school's SIS (Student Information System) into Canvas.  So, it really depends on the policies that your school has set for profile pictures.  You might want to check with your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to see if they can provide additional information for you.  In addition, depending on your role, please check out one of these Guides:

Take note of the information at the top of either of these Guides in the blue box.

I hope this information will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes