Unmute individual student's mark

Jump to solution
barbmurck
Community Participant

People have been asking for years (since at least 2018) for the ability to mute or unmute an individual student's mark - without releasing or hiding the marks for the entire class.

I thought I would try bringing it up again as there doesn't seem to have been any movement on it.

There are many valid reasons for needing to do this. In "Post Grades" in addition to the "Everyone" choice there should be an "Individual" choice. Simple. And when an individual mark is released, there is simply no need for Canvas to send a message to the entire class - it causes confusion.

Please improve my life dramatically by fixing this.

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi!

While this has come up several times in the Community, the Idea that would allow this to occur on a student-by-student basis was shared in February 2022. Hide grades of individual student 

Additionally, Post Policies enhancement: Hide assignment grade for single student while regrading would be beneficial for the times when an instructor is working with an individual student. 

Please add your insights about these requests. Feel free to copy/paste what you shared here too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes