Unsubscribe Question

Jump to solution
esulzby
Community Novice

I am retired moving to California and want no longer to be a member of Canvas but as an emerita professor want to keep my umich email account. Canvas would not let me choose "send no notifications." How do I unsubscribe to Canvas and keep my regular email account? Thanks

Elizabeth Sulzby

0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@esulzby 

Congratulations on the retirement. This has been a difficult time and I sometimes wish I had in enough years to retire rather than being forced to go online.

Canvas should allow you to turn off all notifications. Go into the Account > Notifications and turn off everything. This lesson from the Canvas Instructor Guide explains more: How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor?  

If that is not working, then perhaps UMich has locked down notifications and you should contact your Canvas Administrator for help.

If you happen to be talking about Canvas notifications from here in the Canvas Community, we are changing to new software in two weeks (August 6) and none of the old notifications will carry over to the new system.

View solution in original post

0 Likes