cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonas_knutsson
Community Participant

Use question banks made in Quiz in New Quizes?

Jump to solution

Hi 

Is there any way you can use question banks made in Quiz in New Quizes? I have tried to find a solution but cant find anything. 

If this isn't possible. Is there a workaround to solve this that anybody know of? 

Thanks

/jonas k

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mzimmerman
Community Champion

Hi Jonas,

You can't draw directly from quiz test banks when creating a New Quizzes quiz.  The simplest workaround would be to create a quiz and include all the questions from the test bank in it (How do I create a quiz by finding questions in a question bank? ), then migrate that quiz into New Quizzes (How do I migrate a Canvas quiz to New Quizzes? ).

Alternatively, if you wanted to create a New Quizzes item bank from the old quiz test bank, you could create a quiz from it, then export the quiz as a QTI file (How do I export quiz content from a course? ) and import the QTI file into a New Quizzes item bank (How do I import questions from a QTI package into an item bank in New Quizzes? )

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mzimmerman
Community Champion

Hi Jonas,

You can't draw directly from quiz test banks when creating a New Quizzes quiz.  The simplest workaround would be to create a quiz and include all the questions from the test bank in it (How do I create a quiz by finding questions in a question bank? ), then migrate that quiz into New Quizzes (How do I migrate a Canvas quiz to New Quizzes? ).

Alternatively, if you wanted to create a New Quizzes item bank from the old quiz test bank, you could create a quiz from it, then export the quiz as a QTI file (How do I export quiz content from a course? ) and import the QTI file into a New Quizzes item bank (How do I import questions from a QTI package into an item bank in New Quizzes? )

Mike

View solution in original post

Thank you Michael. 

/jonas k