User Course Access Log

PhilipWallace
Community Member

An administrator, the User Course Access Log has been helpful to me in attempting to retrieve student activity data at a global level (all courses) for our Canvas for reporting to my management.

I would like to ask for advice to get more data for reports and make sure data from the User Course Access Log is accurate and reliable.

Firstly, I would like more than one month previous data (the User Course Access Log defaults to this).

Secondly, I need accurate and reliable data of specific page views by students. Our courses do not follow the module system and use pages to present content to users, linked from a front page (home page) by image icons (I believe the Canvas term for page is WikiPage?).

From a log I have run for July 2023, as a first example I need to confirm when filtering data in Excel for "Content Type" with the data returned for "wiki" and "home" this refers to a student page view?

As a second example, in a row of student activity data from "Content Type" may list "attachment" and then in the next "Content" as the name of the icon (site map-1.PNG, etc.). I am not sure if this data relates to the student clicking on the icon (i.e. engagement?). If so, this may refer to user clicking and view content?

I understand that having access to Canvas Data may assist me to resolve my enquiries.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

With regards,

Philip

0 Likes