Video Quiz - How can I regrade a video quiz?

Jump to solution
PriscillaKevitz
Community Member

How can I regrade a video quiz? Students took a video quiz I created in studio. However one of the questions had the wrong answer selected. I need to regrade the quiz and give everybody the point. How can I do that? I already tried editing the video quiz in Canvas and corrected the question, however this did not regrade submitted answers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Choachy
Community Participant

Canvas Studio does not offer a regrade option for quizzes like classic or new quizzes. When embedded into a course as an assignment using the external tool submission type, even though a Studio quiz has been edited, there is no option to regrade. 

Manually regrading would probably be your best option. You could go to the assignment and click the Quiz results tab beneath the video, then change to Student Results. Using those results, you could adjust the scores in the SpeedGrader or gradebook.

Also note that even though you've edited the quiz in Studio to change the answer, the embedded version in your course will still be the old version with the wrong answer. When you embed a Studio quiz into an assignment, a version of that quiz is generated (it may actually be generated when the quiz is edited) and that version is attached to the assignment. Your edits will not take effect until you select the quiz again through the external tool, or create a new assignment. 

For example, 10 students took the quiz that contained the wrong answer. You realized the mistake and edited the quiz to change the answer. 2 more students take the quiz, but they will still see the question with the incorrect answer and are graded based on that wrong answer. You need to edit the assignment, delete the external tool URL, and click Find again to re-select the video quiz. Save the assignment. Now any other students will be graded based on your edits using the new version of the quiz.

View solution in original post