What constitutes a File and from where can Canvas go to obtain it?

Jump to solution
JulietGamero-Pr
Community Member

I have videos in my current courses (Media) which I want to add to my DEV course, but when I click on Import content, it does not give me any useful places to go to on Canvas or my own computer to obtain or link these videos. So, are videos not files?

0 Likes
1 Solution
blopes
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @JulietGamero-Pr 

If you have content in your course and you want to import that content to another course in the same account you can do the import process and select specific content to import. 

How do I select specific content as part of a course import? 

You would need to do the process from the course where you don't have the videos in.

If the media is uploaded to the original course through the "files". You can select the "files" to import and it will bring the videos.

You can also select the arrow next to "files" to expend and select specific files from it. Once you finish the import, you will be able to see the videos under "files" 

If the videos are not added to the course through files but through an external tool instead, you would need to verify with the tool how to transfer the videos from one course to another. 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes