What is unsubmitted state mean in Canvas Data Submission_dim table workflow state field

Jump to solution
JunhanOuyang
Community Member

Hello. I have a question about the Canvas Data Submission_dim datatable workflow state field, what does it mean when the workflow state is unsubmitted? Because for what I know, canvas doesn't allow you to unsubmit assignment

Also when I was typing up the question, the Question Forum redirect me to a product release Notes in 2015, and says unsubmit action is automatically created by canvas when user submit an empty text box entry. But the update have fix the problem.

But when I was taking a look at the database, there is still unsubmitted assignment submit action this year? So can anyone explain it to me what does it mean for a submission to be in a unsubmitted workflow state?

Thanks

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Releases-Board/Canvas-Production-Release-Notes-2015-04-25/...

Above is the Product Release Notes I am talking about

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@JunhanOuyang 

In American English, the prefix un often means not. The word unsubmitted should be interpreted as not submitted. It means that the student has not submitted the assignment, not that they have submitted and then somehow removed that submission.

From the Canvas Data documentation: possible values are graded, pending_review, submitted, and unsubmitted.

View solution in original post