When I set up office hours, which time zone are they attached to?

Jump to solution
rebecca13
Community Member

I am setting up classes for our small school in CST. The courses are set up as CST, where our office is, but one of our teachers is in MST, and her profile is set up as MST. When she inputs office hours, will they be in her time zone - MST, or will they be in CST? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rebecca13 ...

There are three areas in Canvas that have time zone settings.  The first is at the account level.  Normally, this time zone is set up by your school's local Canvas administrator and would reflect the time zone that the school is located in.  (How do I set details for an account?)  The second time zone setting is at the course level.  (How do I set a time zone for a course?).  The third is at the user level.  (How do I set a time zone in my user account as an instructor? or How do I set a time zone in my user account as a student?).  All this is to say that if you have your time zones set up correctly and the teacher who is in MST has her time zone set up properly, it all works out and displays properly for the time zone she is in.

I hope that helps a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes