Why are students able to access a quiz outside the available times?

Jump to solution
Jen_Charles
Community Contributor

I have a teacher that set a quiz up yesterday to be open for about 40 minutes in the morning, yet someone was able to access it at 5:14 pm and take the quiz then. I have checked with her:

1. The kid didn't open it during the available time and leave it open all day - he accessed it at 5:14.

2. She does not still have the "everyone" or "everyone else" assignment in the settings - just her two classes at different times.

3. It did not have a time limit on it, but I don't think that should affect access based on when it's available.

4. The student does not have any other sections listed in the People tab that he is associated with.

She said it actually happened with two kids and this also occurred a couple of weeks ago on another quiz.

I've attached a screenshot of her availability settings. Does anyone have any other ideas of why it would be accessible? 

1 Solution

Hi  @Jen_Charles  

I'm so sorry that this question was posted so long ago without a response. After reading your comment above and checking the screenshot you shared, I'm a bit stumped. If your instructor continues to experience this issue, please have them reach out to Canvas Support. They'll be able to triage the issue and identify what's going on.

Please let us know if there's anything else we (the Community Team) can help clarify or if there's anything we can answer for you. 

Thanks, 

Allie 

View solution in original post