cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jodell
Community Participant

Why does the cursor not always work when highlighting?

Jump to solution

I love the highlight feature on Speedgrader, but after the first time I highlight a document, I often have trouble highlighting again. It just won't work. Maybe the fifth time I try, it then works. This really slows me down. It happens on every computer I use, so it's not my hardware. Any advice?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ecccrb
Community Member

We are having the same issue.  Clearing the cache and updating the browser does not fix the issues.  And yes, we are using Chrome.   Please advise.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mwilsonreitz
Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue. It looks like it has registered a highlight - e.g. when hovering over the word/phrase I'm trying to highlight, I can see the 'trash' icon to delete the highlighting, for example - but the highlighting itself appears invisible. Can we prioritize a fix on this bug? It makes grading really difficult and slow (and as we all know, grading is difficult and slow enough as it is). 

robert_kim
Community Member

I am also experiencing this same problem. Please put a priority on fixing this during this time as it can really slow down the grading process. Alternatively, I have been switching to pindrops, pen, and even text to make it go faster but would love to be able to just use the highlight function since it's part of the LMS. 

ecccrb
Community Member

We are having the same issue.  Clearing the cache and updating the browser does not fix the issues.  And yes, we are using Chrome.   Please advise.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
zapfd
Community Member

I have struggled with this problem ever since I started using Canvas. It also is a problem when I am trying to use XP-PEN and a tablet. The pen marks on the screen are offset from the cursor position.