leslie_irvine
Community Participant

Why is Canvas so plain and ugly?

Even the website is just text. Blechh. I know you're going to point me to the designer link, but that just bounces me over to the same list of topics that appear for instructors. A list? Really? That's how you show your stuff? This puts me to sleep. I can't blame students for rolling their eyes. 

7 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @leslie_irvine  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I am sorry to hear that you aren't liking the look of the Canvas interface.  For clarification, are you specifically talking about the Canvas interface where you and your students are enrolled in courses?  Or, are you referring to the Canvas Community website?  Or, maybe you have questions about both?  The Canvas LMS (Learning Management System) and the Canvas Community website are two separate sites, so it would help to know which you are referring to.  Also, if there are specifics about the site that you have questions about, there are all kinds of Community members here (including myself) that are willing to help answer your questions.  A screen shot or two from you (being careful not to reveal any student names/student grades) might also be helpful so we can help troubleshoot anything on your end.  Hope to hear back from you soon, Leslie...

leslie_irvine
Community Participant

I'm referring to the Canvas LMS mainly. I thought there'd be more on the Community website, too, but I'm less bothered by that. Here's the screenshot:

0 Kudos

Good morning,  @leslie_irvine ...

I'm not seeing the screen shot that you wanted to include.  Could you try re-attaching that to your previous message or post a new message below with the screen shot?  Thanks!

0 Kudos

How about now?