Why is the highlighter now opaque?

Jump to solution
manderson
Community Novice

Rather than calling attention to some text, the text is blocked out. That makes the highlighter useless for me. Any way to change it back to the transparency it used to have?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi manderson - I assume you mean the highlighter tool in SpeedGrader, correct? I have not heard anything from faculty at my own institution, but I tried SpeedGrader out just now using Firefox, and everything seems okay.  Here is a screen capture from SpeedGrader when I tried a few different colors and you can see the results:

Sample highlighting

My first suggestion is just try a different browser and see if that makes a difference.  Also, make absolutely certain your browsers are all up to date (for the record, here they are:  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10720-which-browsers-does-canvas-support ).  For what it's worth, you may even want to see if the same thing happens on an entirely different computer, just to remove any computer issues from the equation.

If you are using the Canvas Teacher app on a smartphone or tablet, then that may be a different story and others in the Community may be able to chime in, but things seem okay in the desktop browser world so far as I can tell. 

If it keeps up even on different browsers, you may need to contact Canvas support (Help>>Report a Problem). 

View solution in original post

0 Likes