You do not have access to the requested resource

Jump to solution
ElizabethWI
Community Contributor

I have a course that I made live today and nobody can access it. It consists of several modules containing pages of content, and a quiz. The course is an "ongoing" course, so it should be accessible and the start date under settings is yesterday.

I verified that all pages, modules and the course itself is "published", yet people are getting a message like this

Error message

I have tried everything I can think of, redone the link, at the bottom of the page to try to get around it, but to no avail. I think that I may have gotten around it by not having a home page at all, and they end up seeing the modules themselves, but it is an ugly way to do it.

Any ideas!

0 Likes
1 Solution
ElizabethWI
Community Contributor

It appears that in the course I was having problems with, a tiny box called "Include in Mastery Paths" got inadvertently checked on two pages in the course. I never use Mastery Paths because

1. I do not know exactly what they are
  2. I don't think they would really apply to compliance courses

How the boxes got checked is anybodies guess - it had to have either happened spontaneously (unlikely, I hope!) or fumble-fingered use of the touch pad on my laptop while working at home - possibly cat related...

Anyway, something new to look for if a course does not seem to be working.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

View solution in original post

0 Likes