chisel ID in quizes

Jump to solution
pbailes
Community Novice

Hi everyone. Hoping for some advice. ive uploaded this image to a quiz. Is it possible to write in the boxes on the image. I beleave this sort of quiz is yet to be added to canvas. 

Hope that makes sense on what im wanting to do.

Thank you fir any advice.

Paul.

picture of chisel with boxes pointing to parts of chisel

1 Solution
Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @pbailes ‌

It's not possible to create the question exactly as you've described where the students write directly onto the diagram but an alternative that would work in the same way would be to have text boxes underneath or next to the image where students type their answers. You could create this as a "Fill in multiple blanks" question:
How do I create a Fill-in-Multiple-Blanks quiz question? 

Include the labels 1, 2, 3 etc as part of the image and embed the image within the question details. You would then add the appropriate number of blanks in the body of the question, one blank for each label in the image, and specify the answer that students should enter for each label. This is how it looks when creating the question:

339636_pastedImage_2.png

(I created this as a table in the rich text editor with the image in one table cell and the text in the other cell, simply to make it fit easily in one screenshot)

When students take the quiz, they're presented with text boxes next to the image where they can enter the labels:

339637_pastedImage_3.png

View solution in original post