cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kgalek
Community Member

failure to share to commons

When my co-teacher shares a module, she gets the message that the resource was not created (pink bar at bottom of the share form). However, I'm able to share the module.

We are only at 1% of storage. We have both shared to commons before, from this course. The items are not different when I share them. 

Why would this be connected to a person? Is there a setting we can change?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kmallen
Community Participant

Hi  @kgalek ‌,

We recently learned from Canvas Support that New Quizzes do not share to the Commons (nor can they be shared using the Direct Share feature). If a New Quiz is included in the module, that may be causing the issue.

kgalek
Community Member

Kristen--thanks, but that doesn't explain why one teacher in a course CAN share and the other one CAN NOT share. The module is exactly the same for both teachers.

kmallen
Community Participant

Is your co-teacher set up with the same role in Canvas? In our instance, we have some roles for co-teachers and instructional assistants that have less permissions in Canvas. Are you both labeled as "Teachers" when you look at the People area?

kgalek
Community Member

We are both teachers. She was the original teacher, created several modules. Shared the first module successfully to the commons. Then was given "resource not created" message the next time. After trying for two days, she added me, another teacher, as a teacher to her class to see if I could share to the commons (I'd successfully shared other work today). I was able to share the module. So we solved the problem, it's in the commons, but we didn't solve HER problem of being unable to share to the commons (remember, she did share from the same course, a similar module, with same format). She tried for 48 hours, probably 10 times.