how do I add my student roster?

Jump to solution
HeidiDuckler
Community Member

My student roster was emailed to me. How do I add it to Canvas?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @HeidiDuckler ...

I would encourage you to reach out to the UC Santa Barbara folks who are in charge of their Canvas environment...such as their Canvas administrator or their Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Education team.  Often times, when a school has a paid Canvas environment, the IT team at the school will have a process in place to automatically create course shells and automatically enroll students coming from the SIS (Student Information System).  This might be the case at UC Santa Barbara.  In doing a quick search of their website, I found the following help/support page for you:

Support | UCSB Canvas Transition

There are other times, however, that some schools do let instructors enroll students on their own...but this is a permission setting, and you'd need to talk with folks at your school (which I've outlined above) to see what you are allowed to do...and what you are not allowed to do.  The blue box at the top of the following Guide gives more detail on all of this:

How do I add users to a course? 

Hopefully you will be able to get in touch with someone at UC Santa Barbara soon so that you can get this issue resolved.

Let us know here in the Community if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post