cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdelcampom11
Community Participant

how do I upload a video to canvas homework

My students have to submit a Portfolio and they usually make a video, but the video is too large even on PDF for uploading and they have to choose just to upload part of it. I end up getting lots of pictures and videos in my email. 

How can I fix this issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ddaniels
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sounds like it might be a size issue with Canvas capacity. There is an integration with Google Drive. What if you create a Google Drive folder and share that as an assignment with students and they can upload their videos in there? Won't make everything super easy in Canvas as it would send you to an external tool to pull the grade, but just a thought.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Portfolium Network may be something you also want to explore.

Thank you for the suggestion. The name of the project is Portfolio, but it is not exactly a Portfolioum. Mine is a collection of their notes and it is about 30 pages. They have to make a PDF doc with 30 pics, but for some reason, it is so difficult for some of them that they end up making a video or making two parts of it. etc. However, thank you for the suggestion.

m

mdelcampom11
Community Participant

I think this is a great idea. This will help. At least  I will not get them in my email, because there, for sure, I cannot grade them. Thank you!