hyperlinks to headers within a page

Jump to solution
baldwinsh
Community Participant

Is it possible to hyperlink to a header within a page? This is something that can be done in Google docs or in Microsoft Word and being able to do so could help students as they work through a bunch of material in the same page. If that isn't an option, then I will need to break up my study page into multiple smaller pages, but I would like to put everything on the same page if possible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @baldwinsh ...

What you are asking about are called anchor tags in HTML code.  You should be able to use these anchor tags, and there is a pretty great document out here in the Community that explains how to add them into your own course content:

Anchor Tags explained by a language teacher.

I'll just throw out a word of caution with long pages, however.  Something that I like to keep in mind is the student who may be viewing the course using his/her mobile device (tablet / mobile phone).  When you have long pages, it can be a lot more scrolling for students on those smaller devices compared to viewing a course normally on a desktop / laptop computer with a larger screen.  So, if page length is important to you, you might want to also consider what your page will look like from a mobile perspective.  The Google Chrome browser actually has a way to show you what a page would look like on a mobile device...if you are interested:

View solution in original post