"Not Graded" Assignments from McGraw-Hill Connect

Jump to solution
SM100
Community Member

I have learning resource videos available in Connect that I want to link in my Canvas course, however, as these are for practice and not points, I want to tag them as "Not Graded" in Canvas so they don't muddy up the gradebook. In Connect they are listed for zero points but once deployed to Canvas and edited to be "Not Graded" the link to Connect breaks. Is there a way around this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @SM100 

Thank you for contacting Canvas Support. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with incorporating McGraw Hill resources to Canvas. From what you described, we should still  be able to use these videos from McGraw Hill Connect as intended. The "Do not count towards final grade" option is essentially an extra measure to make things not count towards the final grade. This eliminates the assignment from the gradebook for you and students and takes it out of view. However, simply having an assignment be worth 0 points also accomplishes the same. Or if you are using weighted assignment groups, that group can be worth 0 and also will not count towards the final grade.

You should be able to incorporate the video/assignment to Canvas and make it worth 0 points as to provide the resource for the students without any points counting towards their final grade. 

Additionally, if you would like to discuss this specifically and have us look at your course and assignment etc. please feel free to contact us directly via email, phone, or chat. Thank you! 

View solution in original post