cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmerriam
Community Contributor

"Test Student" in Gradebook

Jump to solution

Suddenly, there's something called "Test Student" that's shown in in one of my gradebooks! (It's not in all my courses...just one.) Anybody have any idea of what this is...and how to get rid of it??

Tags (1)
1 Solution
jschaffer
Community Champion

@jmerriam ‌,

I see this with our instructors when they use the "Student View" feature in a course.  All you need to do is go into the Settings tab of a course, look into the sections, and then remove the "Test Student" from the course there.  If you dont have that ability, you admin should be able to do this for you. 

I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jschaffer
Community Champion

@jmerriam ‌,

I see this with our instructors when they use the "Student View" feature in a course.  All you need to do is go into the Settings tab of a course, look into the sections, and then remove the "Test Student" from the course there.  If you dont have that ability, you admin should be able to do this for you. 

I hope this helps. 

jmerriam
Community Contributor

Ahhhh, thanks, Jason! I have no idea how I may have gotten into “Student View” on this course…but I’ve taken case of it. Thanks again.

Joan

@jmerriam , this would show up when you've viewed your course in "Student View." This is done by clicking on the "Student View" button either from the Canvas course homepage or by going to settings and click on "Student View."

AmandaEmineth
Community Member

I love test student! I use it do "what if scores" and I never knew how to force it to show up. Thanks to all for answering that it comes up when you use student view!

0 Kudos
JeffWestover

I want to do what if scores but I have utterly failed at having any of them register. I only get zero and blanks even when I do the assignments. So the discussion on this thread leaves me out.

0 Kudos