student's zoom access

Jump to solution
stephdeav
Community Novice

One of my student's told me she did not have a zoom link on her home page for my class.  As the teacher, I have a link that says Zoom on the left side of my home page (Under People and Contact List).  Do students not have this link?  If not what is the best way for student's to access Zoom?

Thanks

Stephanie Deaver

0 Likes
1 Solution
stuart_ryan
Community Novice

Hi Stephanie,

I remember that this depends on how you have Zoom installed in the course. I also recall that this occurs with the out of box Zoom LTI (provided by Zoom themselves). Only the teacher can schedule sessions and then add them to the calendar, where the students could then access the Zoom session.

I will admit it has been a while since I had an instance of Canvas with the Zoom LTI installed, however, if it hasn't changed from where it was around six-months ago, there was no way for a student to schedule a session/create a session with the Zoom link in the course dashboard (LTI).

I did research a little more and have found out that indeed there have been some changes, and I get the feeling your school may be using the original LTI IMPORTANT - LTI Pro is now available in the Zoom Marketplace – Zoom Help Center

You could reach out to your School's Canvas Admin/Support and see if they have this on their radar to make the change over to the newer (and more fully featured LTI).

Hope I have interpreted everything OK and I hope that helps!

Stuart

View solution in original post