Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hl275

test

I have a test in one of my classes and want to repost it in the same class for different students to use. How do I do that

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@hl275 ‌, you can assign the same quiz to a different set of students in the course and apply a different set of availability dates: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10038-4152101240  How well this will work for you depends on how and to whom in the course you administered the first quiz; if it was assigned to Everyone, and your goal is to re-assign it only to those students who didn't complete it initially, you could use the differentiation feature to re-assign it to those students.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@hl275  Welcome to the Canvas Community! Did you mean you want to administer the same quiz in the same course again, but to different students? Or are you asking about how to use the quiz in a different course? Please let us know.

I wanted to use the same test in the same class with different students

Sent from my iPad

@hl275 ‌, you can assign the same quiz to a different set of students in the course and apply a different set of availability dates: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10038-4152101240  How well this will work for you depends on how and to whom in the course you administered the first quiz; if it was assigned to Everyone, and your goal is to re-assign it only to those students who didn't complete it initially, you could use the differentiation feature to re-assign it to those students.

0 Kudos

I followed your directions. Is there anyway I can set a time limit for each group separately.

Harris

@hl275 ‌, the time limit is set on the quiz itself, not in the differentiated assignment section, so for that, you'd need to create a separate quiz for each set of students. After you've assigned the quiz, you can moderate individual students to give them extra time: Once I publish a timed quiz, how can I give my students extra time?